February 11, 2010

Caan Dun

I'm back!

First I'm gonna start off by saying thanks to all of you who still check in around here. I've been on blog-hiatus for a few months but am back.

I am really having a rough time with finding new tracks that really get me hype. Dancehall seems to have slowed down a lot within the past few years and has really started to bore me. I haven't heard anything nor have I really been searching out any new tracks. (If you got something that's FIRE, than please share with me. Link me at that gmail address to your right over there please.)

Since my last post waaaaay back in November, Imeem has joined forces with Myspace music. This is why you can't listen to any of the back-logged music on this blog. Let me tell you, I CAN'T STAND MYSPACE! I tried to play around with the music players and everything has just gotten more complicated, inna true Myspace style.

I am in the process of trying out other embeddable players. First up is DivShare. Let's see how this works.

Until I hear something new that's worth sharing, I'm gonna post classics that get me feeling good and reminiscent (how old-head of me!) I'm starting off with a classic from what Greensleeves records calls "Jamaica's National Anthem", the Punanny riddim. This track was produced by the King Jammy's label (circa 1991) and is by Rexton Rawlston Fernando Gordon, aka Shabba Ranks.

"Caan Dun", Classic slackness!

No comments: