September 23, 2008

Artist Spotlight::Bounty Killer

I've decided to periodically spotlight a favorite deejay and/or singer and share some of my favorite tracks with you.
My first artist to spotlight is Mr. Rodney Price, better known as Bounty Killer. He is also referred to as the Warlord & the Poor People Governor.
He is a veteran in the game and still puts out some "In Your Blood Clot Face" material. This is one of the reasons as to why I'm a big fan. 
His long-lasting feud with fellow dee-jay Beenie Man has produced some of the best dancehall tracks and plenty of dubplate material for clashing sounds, while internal feuds amongst members of his own Alliance crew (Vybz Kartel, Mavado, Busy Signal, Idonia, Wayne Marshall, etc.) as well as their conflicts with other crews, in more recent years has left a long-lasting mark on dancehall music. 
The tracks I'm making available are only a small selection of my favorites from his catalog. I might have to make this a multiple parts post.
Oh, I put an oldie, but goodie video up as well.


Tracks:
-Down In The Ghetto
-When The Smoke Clears f/Wayne Marshall (trilogy riddim)
-Four Seasons (bad belly riddim)
-Mystery Is The Man (rice & peas riddim)
-Sufferer f/Wayne Marshall (diwali riddim)
-No More Suffering
-Ghetto Dictionary (hypocrites riddim)
-Coppershot
-Fed Up (fed up riddim)
-Roots, Reality & Culture (real rock riddim)
-Mek Gal Bawl
-High Grade Forever (lightning riddim)
-Ask Fi War (hot wax riddim) 



No comments: