January 26, 2009

*CLASSIC* original Mr. Loverman

I was at my storage locker earlier today going through some of my vinyl (I haven't touched any of my records in almost 2 years!), and came across some gems in the first few boxes I filed through.

This is a 45 rpm 12" single of Shabba Ranks "Mr. Loverman" featuring Deborahe from 1988 on Jamaican label Anchor Records. If you remember, the "Maxi Priest-ish" version featuring Chevelle Franklin was released between 1992 and 1993 and featured a video that was broadcast on MTV.

This original version is more my favorite as it has more of a hardcore, mid-tempo dancehall production, as you will hear.

The B-side of the single is the "no singer" version, featuring just Shabba. I only ripped the A-side. If you would like a copy of the B-side, just link me and I'll hook it up.

DOWNLOAD



No comments: